Tone your abs without leaving your bed!: A guide to getting fit from the comfort of your home
Why ab workouts are important In today’s world, people are always looking for ways to tone their bodies without having to leave the comfort of their own homes. For many, this means Tone your abs without leaving your bed! Here are a few exercises that can help you achieve this goal.
The first exercise is the basic crunch. To do this, lie on your back on the floor and place your hands behind your head. Bring your knees in towards your chest and curl your shoulders off the floor. This is a simple crunch that you can do anywhere.
The second exercise is the traditional sit up, which can be done lying in bed or standing up. This exercise is best done lying in bed, especially if you are a beginner, since it isn’t as easy to control your body while standing. In order to perform this exercise properly, sit up straight and bring your knees to your chest. Slowly lower back down. This is the one that you would use to build your core.
The third exercise is the leg raise. This exercise may seem simple, but it is actually very effective in building a strong core. To do this, lie on your back and extend one leg straight out in front of you. Hold the stretch for 8-10 seconds, then raise your torso and let your leg return to the ground. Repeat with the other leg.
The last exercise is the side plank. This exercise may seem simple, but it is actually very effective in building a strong core. To do this, lie on your side with your arm extended in front of you. Hold the stretch for 8-10 seconds, then raise your torso and let your arm return to the ground. Repeat with the other arm. These are a few great core exercises that will help you build a strong core. You can do them at home or at the gym. Make sure you get comfortable with these exercises before moving on to your next workouts. Good Luck!
Types of Ab Workouts
There are many different types of ab workouts. Here’s a quick overview of what you can do to work your abdominal muscles:
1) Sit-ups – Sit on the floor with your legs extended in front of you. Raise your torso until your arms are perpendicular to the floor. Hold this position for a few seconds, then lower your torso back down. Repeat 8-10 times. Don’t let your head rest on the floor at any point during this movement. This can be very dangerous, so you should always keep your head up.
2) Crunches – Lie on the floor with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Pull your shoulder blades down and toward each other. Lower your torso so that your chest is touching your thighs. Hold this position for a few seconds, then return to the starting position. Repeat 8-10 times. Keep your head up at all times.
3) Bicycle Crunches – Lie on the floor with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Grab a dumbbell in each hand, palms facing forward. Keeping your elbows close to your sides, lift both dumbbells straight up as high as you can while keeping your elbows close to your sides. Lower the dumbbells back down and repeat 8-10 times. Keep your head up at all times. You can also do these crunches standing.
4) 3-2-1 Pull-Up – Setup for a pull up. With your arms fully extended and your hands shoulder-width apart, grab the bar with an overhand grip. Lower yourself down until your arms are just below parallel to the floor. Pull your chest up to the bar and pause for a second. Then pull yourself back to the starting position and repeat.
5) 3-2-1 Push-Up – Setup for a push up. With your arms fully extended and your hands shoulder-width apart, grab the ground with your hands and knees. Lower yourself down until your elbows touch the ground and pause for a second. Raise back up to the starting position and repeat.
Doing ab workouts in bed can be tough, so this is a great alternative. Cable core work can be a good substitute for crunches (and really any other type of ab exercise) if you prefer to do them at home or in the gym, which is something that I’m currently working on. Either way, this is one of the only cable exercises that I actually enjoy doing (and going to the gym for) so if you’re anything like me, feel free to give it a try! I hope you enjoyed this week’s workout!
Benefits of doing ab workouts in bed:
-It’s a good way to get a full workout in without having to really work out. You just have to do the same series of moves over and over again, but you’re laying down all the while. It’s a pretty fun workout and I think it’s great for people who don’t have a lot of extra time to spend in the gym, or don’t want to spend their entire day working out.
-You can be snuggled up in bed all while doing this workout. You don’t have to worry about getting dressed or showering, because you’re in bed!
-It’s a good way to wake up with an extra little boost of energy. If you’re up for it, you can do this workout in the morning before your alarm goes off.
-You don’t have to do a ton of reps to get a good workout. I usually just do one arm at a time and do 10-20 reps with each arm. That’s enough to get a good burn in my arms, but not so much that I’m feeling too sore the next day. If you’re looking for a good upper body workout, this is a great place to start.
-You can do this workout with your legs too! You can do one arm at a time, or both arms at the same time.
-It’s totally free! You don’t have to pay for any equipment or anything.
-It can be a great way to get the blood pumping during the day. You can do this workout before you head out to work, or after you get home from work.
-You can do it on your own at home or with a group of friends. It’s hard to keep up with the same pace, so you can use the coaches cues to set your own pace. You can also use your own music if you like. I like to use my own music, but you may want to choose a mix that matches the workout perfectly.
-It’s a great tool for working out even if you’re not as strong as other people.
I hope this workout is a great starting point for you. It’s not hard to do at all. It’s a workout for all levels. I think it would be great for beginners and even experienced athletes to use as an addition to their workouts. Now just “Tone your abs without leaving your bed”